20190103

Reason #5782 I Wouldn't be Considered Liberal

Most of you who know me would recognize that I'm a pretty liberal person.  I'm so liberal on some stuff that it would blow the titties off a bachelor party stripper.  But in today's social climate, I am an outcast, a vagabond, and a forlorn member of The Forgotten Forty.

Too conservative for liberals and too liberal for conservatives, I remain afloat in a sea of non-ideologues, conscience technocrats, and reasonable humanists, as we await the tide to finally turn and ride the waves to a new political shore.

That being said, I'd like to start the new year by returning to one of my oldest blogs and beginning it afresh.  As I scrolled through one of my newsfeeds today, I came across this story:

https://abc7chicago.com/society/gender-neutral-birth-certificates-law-in-effect-in-nyc/5004401/

As a social scientist I thought: "Technically there are two biological genders based upon XY chromosome ratios so this law seems out of touch.  And while I believe individuals have a choice on how they should identify gender-wise and which gender roles they wish to explore, I must put my foot down when it comes to science."

However statements like that are an easy target for the negligible, but vocal and active, far-left.  Hence, rather than being considered an ally for the agendas we agree upon, I am cast as a conservative, alt-right, Nazi, or whatever makes them feel good at the time.  And the Center-Left follows suit, because they believe they need those votes at election time.

And don't for a moment think I'm going to just let the conservatives get a pass either.  Extreme-Left views are a result of Extreme-Right views and vice-versa.  They act as some twisted mirror, where each side is so enamored by their narcissism, that they are unable or unwilling to look at their own reflections.

The libertarian in me wants to applaud the fact that a state other than my own has decided to enact a law for the benefit of that state's citizens.  But the conservative in me thinks that the time and energy dedicated to passing such a law could have been better spent of ensuring that we not only understand biologically assigned sex as a society, but know how to apply that knowledge when the time comes.

No comments: